Healthcare Chart Management Coordinator
Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group focused on delivering high quality care to patients when and where they need it most. More than 30,000 clinicians and clinical support teammates call Envision home. We welcome teammates of every background and work in communities that reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and economic diversity of our country.
Through Envision Physician Services and AMSURG, our clinician-led organization is changing the face of healthcare by delivering high-quality care that puts the patient first.
Envision's core values drive continual advancement and ingenuity across the enterprise:
* Be Curious-embrace learning, seek out diversity of thought, listen openly, ask questions, and ask for feedback
* Instill Trust-have the hard conversation, presume good intent, honor commitments, and do the right thing for patients and each other
* Pursue Extraordinary-challenge the status quo, champion change, innovate and constantly aim higher
* Care Deeply-serve patients, partners, communities, and each other with empathy, compassion, and respect
* Embrace Teamwork-work cross-functionally, break down walls, develop others, be inclusive and unite to improve patient health
* Inspire Joy-seek fulfillment and the joy of medicine, appreciate others, celebrate wins, and promote wellness and belonging
We offer you an outstanding total compensation package, and a variety of health and welfare benefit options to help protect your health and promote your wellbeing. The benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision, life & disability, 401k, HSA, Flexible Spending and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Healthcare Chart Management Coordinator in our Jacksonville, FL office.
The Healthcare Chart Management Coordinator is a non-clinical representative who performs administrative, operational, and quality assurance functions to support the billing process. The coordinator acts as a company resource to the healthcarecommunity, including hospital-based individuals. The Coordinator is responsible for the assembly, organization,completeness and submission of patient medical records to a third party vendor while providing practice support to the providers and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Gather, reconcile, review and assemble all medical/billing records from all sources within the facility.
* Verify all information is included with the medical/billing record prior to submission to the third party vendor.
* Review records for clinical quality and billing integrity.
* Identify and follow-up on all deficient medical/billing records which include missing and incomplete records orelements.
* Maintain deficiency logs, graphs and grids on a daily basis.
* Communicate with Clinical Leadership, Chief(s), Director(s) and individual providers to coordinate corrections,updates and completion of deficient medical records.
* Ensure all medical record corrections are made on the original medical record by the original provider and copiessubmitted to HIM Department at the facility and to the third party vendor for billing.
* First point of contact in identifying documentation issues / trends to Site Billing Manager and ProviderEducation.
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
* Work autonomously and able to prioritize work daily
* Detailed oriented
* Demonstrate strong communicate skills and ability to work well in a team environment
* Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
* Follow up in a timely manner on open items
* Medical terminology, medical legal knowledge, and a clinical knowledge base are also essential
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
* Associates Degree, a plus.
* Experience in reviewing medical records is preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience in creating data extracts and/or reports preferred
* Experience with EMRs a plus
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.