If you are located in the Phoenix, AZ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best resources and tools in the world to help serve our members. You’ll play a leadership role in a high volume, focused and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. This is no small opportunity.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 1 East Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004.
The Administrative Coordinator provides support to multiple units within the AZ Medicaid Health Services Department. This position has responsibility for regulatory reporting, oversight of regulatory program monitoring and tracking, and participating in day to day clinical functions which are tied to health plan regulatory service delivery to the UHCCP enrolled members. This position engages with internal and external business partners, ensuring information is available to maintain regulatory requirements.
The Administrative Coordinator works independently and completes daily job responsibilities without established procedures. They are a resource within the department to support all levels of staff in all different areas. This position will take on complex projects which are assigned to Health Services and ensure all elements are completed timely.
If you are located within commutable distance from the Phoenix, AZ office, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges. Work will be 50% onsite once release to work back in the office.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Duties include responsibility for monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reporting and deliverables
- Submits monthly compilation of Prior Authorization Regulatory Grievance Reporting
- Creates daily Inpatient Admission census to meet regulatory requirements of monitoring IP cases. Blended Census Reporting (BCRT)
- BSL supporting new hire onboarding, equipment orders, general business needs
- Triage, assign and document care management referrals received from the Customer Service Units and sent to the AZ Health plan inbox through CSP / MACESS. (Supports the case management referral regulatory process)
- Policy Committee delegate – maintains ALL Health Services policies & procedures, ensuring policies are updated, signed and completed annually to meet compliance requirements
- Maintains annual reporting schedule, edits, and produces meeting minutes for the monthly Healthcare Quality and Utilization Management (HQUM) Committee regulatory meetings. Tracks action items to ensure accountability
- Schedules and host various meetings requested by Health Services VP & HS Medical Directors
- Involved with managing the Transportation & lodging authorizations for all lines of business. Regulatory requirement
- Various projects assigned by Health Services VP – prior authorization research, excel projects, mail merge, etc.
- Various administrative tasks for the team – maintain PTO calendar, Send out supplies to telecommuters, assist with onboarding of new employees, asset recovery, request access to programs
- Provides assistance and organization of documents and projects for Health Services and Quality Management during Operational Reviews and Ad Hoc compliance requests. Prints documents, pulls meeting minutes and notes, organizes the binders for regulatory review
- Schedule and hosting TEAM meetings with many business partners within the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets), Visio (ability to open, edit, save and send documents), and Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to open, edit, save and send documents)
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime
- Must live within a commutable distance to our Phoenix, AZ site at 1 East Washington Street.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Detail Oriented
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Military & Veterans find your next mission:
We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: administrative coordinator, work from home, WFH, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, Phoenix, AZ, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO