Our Atlantic Buildings division is hiring for a Practice Leader (Government Practice) to be located in Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville, Florida!
Responsible for leading all aspects of a practice within Bergmann. Responsibilities include developing and implementing marketing plans, ensuring positive client relationships, supervising Project Managers, coordination with other business practices and ensuring strong project and financial performance.
While the below description is an overview of most of the general objectives of this position, there is room for variance based on each individuals strengths as well as business and client needs.
- Assist in the development of, and execute, a strategic plan that aligns with Bergmanns Strategic Business Plan.
- Lead, oversee, supervise, and coordinate project activities for client projects through all project phases.
- Personally generate more than $1.0 Million in annualized bookings with a focus on Bergmann core businesses within 12-18 months.
- Report on the progress of each project being led within the Practice Leaders group to the VP based on actual budget, quality, scheduled targets and other contract commitments, and ensure that action is taken to correct off-standard performance and achieve contractual obligations.
- The preparation of project proposals, work plans, schedules, and other pertinent project-based protocols.
- Develop business development strategies, including appropriate client identifications, go/no-go evaluations, winning proposal strategies and coordinating efforts with VP and other Practice Leaders.
- Monitor staff that reports directly to them and verify that appropriate quality control procedures and checkpoints are observed, and that project designs are responsive to, and appropriate for, the needs of the client.
- Mentor and provide guidance to direct reports and work in close collaboration with the VPs to establish staff development plans and goal settings/reviews that support Bergmanns employee objectives.
- Coordinate customer billing and/or invoicing with the Accounting Department and in coordination with the Project Manager (if it is not a project managed by the Practice Leader).
- Manage the overall financial success of their Practice, while mentoring staff on financial management and risk liabilities at a project based scale.
- Prepare annual capital and marketing budgets and hiring plans to support their strategic plans.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other Region Leads and VPs to insure design expertise, manpower staffing, and other resources are allocated to serve the best interests of Bergmanns Strategic Plan.
- Maintain active professional association participation, and obtain Thought Leader recognition through conference and publishing contributions.
- Bachelors degree in architecture, planning, and/or a related technical field, or equivalent required.
- Professional license in Architecture strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the field of architecture and leadership with a focus in Municipal, Government, Community projects/clients in the state of Florida
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in project management related to projects within the Design Consulting Industry.
- Previously held the title of Project Manager and showed an exceptional skill to lead/manage large complex projects that were consistently delivered on time and within budget to the client.
- Demonstrated success in business development within the Design Consulting Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
What We Offer
At Bergmann,an affiliate of Colliers Engineering & Design and Colliers Project Leaders, our people are our most important resource. Thats why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer-subsidized Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit sharing programs
- Vacation, plus sick/emergency time
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement program
For a complete list of Bergmanns benefits, please see our Careers home page.
Bergmann is excited to be part of Colliers internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Womens Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.