UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with broad finance experience to gain international finance experience! This person will partner with colleagues across Latin America and make a meaningful impact within the Global business. The Global Finance Manager will have exposure to the full P&L for the Global business and serve as a key resource on complex and critical situations. The Global Finance Manager is responsible for financial consolidation for Global businesses within UnitedHealth Care.
This role will be hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days from home) if you're located in Minnesota. Telecommute nationwide considered.
- Develops, perform and manage the analyses of the Global business, financial metrics and performance measures
- Owns membership reporting and source of truth for the Global business
- Performs analysis and clearly communicates actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget in relation to productivity, membership, medical trends, premium yields and other areas of business
- Builds ad-hoc financial models that are dynamic and complex
- Produces clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message
- Collaborates with market level finance partners to ensure accurate and timely forecast submissions and balances the dynamic priorities of the organization
- Researches and solves complex ad-hoc problems and develops innovative solutions
- Serves as a key resources on complex and/or critical issues
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across multi-disciplinary fields
- Uses strong interpersonal skills with team mindset
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Manages multiple competing priorities to meet tight deadlines
- This role will not have direct reports
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of broad finance experience
- 5+ years of FP&A experience
- Demonstrated experience working in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial reporting and planning
- Ability to travel <10% (expectation of once per year)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of experience in global healthcare organization
- 2+ years of experience with Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft
- Experience in developing executive materials with high-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to be self-motivated with a curious mindset
- Advanced financial planning and analysis technical skills
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.