Vaco is hiring a GL Accountant for a r4 month contract in Jacksonville Florida. This position is fully onsite.
Vaco is seeking an experienced insurance General Ledger Accountant to clean up a Receivables ledger. In this position, you will be responsible for determining each carrier out of balance along detail commissions by client that supports the variance. Also, you will be responsible for contacting carriers and working with departmental staff to drive resolution. Our ideal applicant has several years of P& C insurance accounting professional experience, and proficiency with accounting programs like AMS 360 and advanced Excel skill.
* This position involves supporting the corporate direct bill processing team
* The essential responsibilities are to clean up the direct bill receivables general ledger, this includes maintaining a variance tracker of identified transactions needing input to AMS 360.
* The role requires working with DB Analyst to have the commission enter in AMS and ensure adjustments are accurate.
* Document and save support of resolve variances.
* Identify trends to determine what caused the reconciliation variances
* Independently work with the carriers to obtain the required information that leads to resolution of identified issues.
* The ability to determine errors created by Carriers (resolve the carrier issue) and resolve root cause of reconciliation problem
* The ability to work independently
* Recommendation on how to improve monthly reconciliation and communicate to management
* Must have a deep understanding of Agency Management System (AMS 360)
* Create and provide a bi-weekly progress report