Freelance UX/UI Designer Overview: The UX/ UI Designer will report into our Digital Senior Art Director and partner with the DTC team and developers to design digital experiences for 2-3 brand sites, content pages, homepages, PDPs and more. They will build out site content features and improve the site experience as well as find ways to optimize the backend platform and creative build process. The ideal candidate has broad experience in the areas of wireframing, UI design, information architecture, rapid prototyping, user research, and analytics, with an eye for accessibility and usability. They will have a pulse on the competitive landscape, plus a comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices, with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design, functionality, and love to bring new and creative ideas to the team.
Freelance UX/UI Designer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with functional business leaders to define design requirements for new or enhanced digital experiences
- Build existing Ecomm site utilizing Figma, as we transition from Shopify to Salesforce platform
- Produce elegant, on brand design solutions and optimize existing site user experiences using wireframes, interaction flows, and prototypes.
- Establish and maintain a consistent UX and visual standard, and brand identity across all elements of the digital experience
- Create detailed specifications, style guides, and prototypes for handoff to Development & Creative teams.
- Partner closely with creative teams to design new customer experiences
- Design, as needed, digital assets to bring new digital experiences to life, both FPO for asset creation and final for go-to-market prototypes
- Identify, address, and strategize solutions around issues impacting the customer journey and site performance
- Make recommendations for UI/UX based on DTC business needs, brand and campaign messaging, creative design intent, and technical capabilities and constraints.
- Partake in data analysis, user research, competitive analysis, and usability testing to inform design decisions.
Freelance UX/UI Designer Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience working in UI/UX design
- Knowledge of modern and emerging web and mobile UI patterns and design tools
- UX design portfolio required, highlighting design process and skills
- DTC/Retail focused website experience, with an interest in the Beauty industry
- Data-obsessed and experienced in A/B testing, forming insights, and leveraging past learnings to create actionable improvements and new ideas
- Fluent in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, and Invision
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, and ability to translate designs to developers
- Experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce a plus