At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Consultant (LO) in Wealth and Investment Management as part of Wells Fargo Advisors. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Participate in providing private wealth financial clients with financial advice consistent with clients goals and risk tolerance
- Identify opportunity to collect financial information, assess investment profiles and evaluate client financial needs within wealth client management
- Analyze and perform tasks such as advising clients advantages or disadvantages for financial products and determine which financial products are suitable for client needs and financial circumstances
- Exercise independent judgment to increase and retain existing client assets and meet potential new clients
- Present recommendations for resolving operational problems and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in compliance with all applicable standards, procedures and regulations
- Collaborate and consult with management, wealth advisors, private banks and other wealth management specialist
- Interact with operational staff to resolve operational problems
- This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member
- This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction
- Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 2+ years of Investment Advice experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Full service brokerage experience
- Financial advisement or planning experience
- Client relationship management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Salesforce, Smart Station or contact management system
- Financial services sales experience
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies
- The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation
- Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition to state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Wells Fargo will initiate financial and criminal background review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- 1 Independent Drive, St 2400, Jacksonville, FL 32202
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.