Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx is looking for a Finance Manager to support the PBM Operations teams. This position is an integral part of the PBM finance team providing financial support and leadership which includes consolidation P&L and metrics reporting across teams, SG&A management includes cost management, monthly reporting, month-end close, and forecasting/budgeting activities.
If you are located in Irvine, CA or Eden Prairie, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute,* as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenge.
- Monthly Financial Results Reporting, Dashboard Reporting, and Month-end Close responsibilities:
- Report timely and accurate SG&A expenses, FTEs, metrics, and service revenue. Develop and maintain monthly financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to forecast, budget, and prior year
- Improve financial and operational performance by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to management
- Create, design and build dashboards to track performance targets and business objectives
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance, and operational efficiencies and metrics
- Prepare pre-estimates and daily FTE and expense estimates throughout the monthly close process
- Manage cost center expenses including preparing operating expense accruals, journal entries, and robust variance explanations compared to budget/forecast
- Prepare and present PowerPoint slides for reviews with business partners and finance teams
- Support departments and budget owners in their OPEX management, forecasting/plan and actual spend tracking
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and increase efficiency
- Partner with Accounting, FP&A team, and other Finance team members to review and analyze monthly results
- Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Ensure financial commitments versus budget are achieved in partnership with business leaders. Be proactive in identifying risks and opportunities timely
- Develop and maintain detailed financial forecasting/budgeting models for FTE planning, expenses, service revenue, and key metrics. Identify key business drivers and dependencies and provide recommendations for improvement
- Prepare and participate in all aspects of financial forecasting and variance analysis for some customer service cost centers
- Continue to automate and streamline financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Review and support all cost management tracking and risks
- Prepare and summarize Proforma P&Ls that includes service revenue driven by business leaders
- Review and approve capital project benefits and ROI
- Manage expense allocation percentages reported to product P&Ls and understand key drivers and changes
- Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs, collecting, and gathering data and insight from multiple systems and data sources
- Share and leverage best practices
- Seek out and collaborate with business partners and sister divisions to incorporate business changes and interdependencies into forecast projections
- Consolidate and report in presentation format month-end results and annual financials across PBM Operations expenses and metrics
- Ad Hoc: Support finance teams and business partners with ad-hoc financial reporting, analysis, and chargebacks
- Support Paperless initiative expense and target tracking for total OptumRx
- The position is an individual contributor role with no direct report
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting
- 7+ years of experience using solid financial acumen
- Experience creating dashboards, scoreboards to drive/tell a story and create a vision
- Experience collaborating with business partners to help support staffing models etc.
- Experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and operational issues, assessing their implications and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Advanced Excel skills, including financial modeling (creating graphs, pivot tables, VLOOKUP and charts). Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft
- Ability to think outside the box, react quickly to urgent requests and seek solutions to overcoming obstacles
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Solid problem-solving, critical thinking, and investigative skills
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion
- Strict attention to detail
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.