Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This role will support the OptumInsight Expense Analytics portfolio, with ownership of real-time forecasting and Cost Management across Markets. Success in this role will be dependent on an ability to successfully navigate and influence change across a matrix environment, quickly adapt to changing priorities, and drive key metrics and leading indicators to the business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interface with OI business operations and finance leaders and build relationships in support of real-time forecast and key analytical drivers
- Understand OI business drivers and metrics to assist in identification of operating expense trends and areas of cost savings / management
- Support Market CFOs and Finance teams, having knowledge of the business to assist with other cross-functional teams to achieve Target results
- Identifying and driving process improvements that simplify work, reduce internal cost, and improve the customer experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process including broader OptumInsight finance and accounting
- Leverage technology and support the team’s development of process improvement activities, allocations, variable and fixed expenses
- Lead team in Career Development and Professional Growth
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or equivalent field
- 8+ years of broad experience in multiple Finance disciplines
- Experience reporting to Executive Leadership in a strategic partnership capacity
- Solid working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports
- Demonstrated success partnering with, leading and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- 5+ years managerial and leadership experience of a broad spectrum of professional finance staff (e.g. accounting, medical analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, actuarial, underwriting, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Health Care industry
- Ability to complete complex projects, influence change in complicated, fast paced, matrix environment
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Finance, Finance, Director, Financial Director, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote