Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? Optum is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale.
As a Field Based Behavioral Health Case Manager, you’ll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you’ll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you’ll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all.
If you are located in Tuscarawas County, Ohio or surrounding areas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This is a field-based position with a home-based (telecommuting) office that includes up to 75% travel throughout Eastern Ohio.
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or providers’ offices
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's degree behavioral health; Bachelor's Degree Nursing (BSN) OR Associate Degree in Nursing with 8+ years of behavioral health experience; or Doctorate - degreed Psychologist
- One of the following active, unrestricted, independent State of Ohio professional licenses:
o Licensed Psychologist (LP)
o Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)
o Licensed Independent Social Worker Supervisor (LISW-S)
o Independent Marriage & Family Therapist (IMFT)
o Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
o Supervising Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC-S)
o Registered Nurse with 8+ years of recent focus in Behavioral Health
- 3+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- 1+ year of experience working with Medicaid population
- 1+ year Community Mental Health experience
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Dedicated space for home office set up with access to high speed internet services
- Reside in the greater Tuscarawas County, Ohio area
- Ability to travel throughout Eastern Ohio
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with either Medicaid or Medicare funded programs
- Clinical training experience
- Care management experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, Case Manager, Care Coordination, Care Manager, Psychology, Medicaid, Medicare, LP, LPCC, IMFT, LISW, LISW-S, PCC-S, RN, Registered Nurse Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, WFH, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Ohio, OH, Tuscarawas County