You might add capacity to the motors on electric carts, tend to an HVAC glitch, make repairs to fencing and concrete after a severe storm, or even replace a lightbulb for a guest as a "facilities" professional, you do it all. So why not put your expertise to work in the happiest place on earth: Walt Disney Word Resorts. Our Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager keeps the mechanical and electrical systems humming at our legendary resorts. You would join a dynamic team that takes immense pride in knowing that your work directly contributes to the joy our Guests feel when they stay at our and eat at our restaurants. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
The Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager reports to the Manager-Engineering Services and leads up to 20 team members.
Disney's Facilities Maintenance Engineering Managers keep our hotels and restaurants in perfect order so our Guests can enjoy every moment they spend with us. That means that our Managers need to be familiar with plumbing, HVAC, kitchen mechanics, concrete, welding, painting, and carpentry, not to mention every kind of motor that could be found in a resort or restaurant. The Facilities Maintenance Engineering Manager leads a dynamic team of professionals who have the know-how to keep it all running. Every day as a Facilities Maintenance Engineering Service manager is different. On any given day you might:
- Inspire your team of up to 15-20 union/non-union cast members to give their very best.
- Pool the collective knowledge of the experts around you and "make the right call" once all the facts are in.
- Work with outside vendors obtain proposals for work our own team cannot handle, then manage their output.
- Create clear incident reports that will be referenced by your peers and leaders;
- Meet with partners in areas such as housekeeping, front desk, recreation and back-of-house to understand their needs and provide them with excellent service.
- Bend, duck, carry things, and walk up to five miles per shift this is an active job, and our resorts and restaurants are essentially your offices.
- Maintain preparedness for things like extreme weather, earthquakes or hurricanes.
- Manage union contracts, balance staffing among the shifts, schedule vacations and monitor payroll
Here's what you'll need to be successful at this job:
- 5+ years of experience in facilities or kitchen maintenance.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Passion for mentoring teammates and partnering with peers and leaders.
- Experience corresponding in writing and in person, with people on all levels.
- Have a coordinated and precise approach to troubleshooting.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions, and handling the physical rigors of the job.
- Well-developed processes for managing time.
- Willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends and varying shifts.
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of Maximo.
BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks athttps://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.