- Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions.
- Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or results and assist with training on the same.
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with vendor issues, such as pulling legal description, loading flood determinations, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Department lead for completion of monthly escrow analysis trial reviews.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to tax penalties, tax and insurance matters, loss draft claims and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/ or potential risk/exposure issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (both oral and written) with peers. Ability to handle difficult scenarios when they arise and diffuse situations accurately with positive outcome. Must be dependable and responsible to work in a remote location if applicable, proficient at process flow and time management.
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferably in Real Estate taxes, homeowners insurance, flood, Mortgage Insurance and/or loss draft claims areas
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans