SNI is currently recruiting for 2 Staff / Tax Accountants for a Public CPA firm here in Jacksonville, FL! If you are interested in pursuing a career in Public Accounting and pursuing your CPA accreditation, these two opportunities may be for you!
Our client is hiring for one Jr. or Entry level position- Bachelor Degree in Accounting required and one Tax Accountant level I or II that requires a minimum of 1-2+ years of experience working in a Public CPA firm processing taxes.
Salary ranges depending on position and experience are highly competitive and the benefits and perks are fantastic! This is truly a great firm with a well-known reputation that is providing growth opportunities!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation and bonus plans
- Health Insurance - Firm covers up to 100%
- Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Supplemental
- PET Insurance!
- 401K Retirement Plan & Profit Sharing
- Outstanding PTO- Personal Time Off/Holidays offered!
- Continuing Education & Licensing!
Tax Accountant responsibilities include:
- Preparing tax payments
- Estimating and tracking tax returns
- Completing regular (quarterly and annual) tax reports
To succeed in this role, you should show interest in following changes to tax regulations and laws, want to pursue a career as a CPA, be interested in obtaining your CPA accreditation and have at least 1-2 years of CPA firm industry experience. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as you'll have to ensure our company meets tight deadlines. Tax Accountant responsibilities also include organizing and maintaining records of tax payments.
Ultimately, you should be able to recommend tax strategies that comply with laws and promote our company's financial well-being.
- Prepare tax payments
- Estimate and track tax returns
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reports
- Organize and update the company's tax database
- Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Share financial data with the accounting department
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Teams, Excel, Ultra Tax, Sureprep and Go Fileroom not required)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance