Local Unit & Position Description
Our world is changing its energy mix. How would you like to be part of it?
We’re looking for an Energy Storage Technology Expert to work on a variety of unique energy storage projects that include technologies such as lithium-ion and flow batteries. You will work closely with industry leaders and cutting-edge technology developed by some of the most well-known manufacturers, investors, developers, and integrators.
DNV’s Renewable & Power Grids group is making exciting investments in energy storage and is growing its team in 2021 and beyond. We know the energy storage markets are growing faster than anyone has predicted; we are committed to supporting this growth with the best data, advice, and expertise on the planet!
This position will be key in growing DNV’s practice around energy storage technologies, integration with renewable resources like solar PV and wind, microgrids, and the distribution system of the future.
The primary function of this position will be focused on current and novel energy storage technologies such as lithium ion, flow batteries, hydrogen, and fuel cells, and project development and financing support across utility scale, commercial and industrial (C&I), and residential markets. You will support techno-economic reviews of centralized and distributed energy resources (DER). This position will include responsibility for project leadership, support, and business development.
- Ideally, this position could be based in our Chalfont, PA, Portland, OR, or our Oakland,CA office. However, other DNV office locations will also be considered.
What You’ll Do
- Review and assess some of the most cutting-edge battery technology on the market
- Clearly communicate advanced technical concepts such as battery chemistry, thermal management, controls, charge and discharge strategies, and more to a broader audience
- Manage projects and/or project tasks, executing deliverables
- Meet key performance indicators individually and for the group
- Interact with customers in person or via email, phone or video
- Analyze and interpret technical data and documents
- Model storage and hybrid storage applications
- Collaborate with staff in the development of new business and projects for advisory and testing work
- Present or aid in the development of presentation materials for conferences and workshops
- Provide input on strategic planning and marketing decisions
- Support the mission and vision, have some fun while you do it, and maybe make a few new friends!
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Environmental Science, a Technical field, and/or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in renewable energy development ,with 2 years experience in energy storage, and or solar + storage development.
- Familiarity with the construction and operation of energy storage systems, knowledge of novel energy storage technologies and comfort with equipment common to the energy industry
- Experience in being part of collaborative project team(s) and ability to be customer facing
- Comfort with interpreting and analyzing data in Microsoft Office Suite (2016) and presenting findings to customers
- Work within expected deadlines, while being adaptive to changing scope or customer needs
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10-15% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
These are Preferred
- Advanced degree in engineering or related field
- Business development or involvement in industry groups or committees is desired
- Candidates can have any or all of the following skillsets:
- Capability to model or simulate energy storage operations
- Experience in battery testing or battery safety
- Experience with energy storage hardware
- Experience with data analytics related to the operation and maintenance of energy systems
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Python and/or other software modeling tools and associated results
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, and We Share!
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.