Summary: Oversee and evaluate systems, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety, environmental, health and industry standards/regulations. Identify potentially risks and hazards associated with plant processes and provide proactive solutions and problem solving to minimize said risks. Recommend changes to protect workers, and educate employees on how to prevent incidents and injuries using employee engagement and safety training programs. Using various problem-solving methodologies, investigate accidents to identify their root causes and determine countermeasures to prevent them in the future.
● Coordinates and maintains company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
● Develop Job Safety Analysis as needed.
● Alleviate and remedy employee safety complaints and concerns,
● Inspects the work area and procedures and makes recommendations accordingly.
● May perform new hire safety training.
● Develop, maintain and update SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in day to day training.
● Identifying and correcting safety and environmental hazards
● Conduct New Hire Safety Orientation.
● Assist Safety Manager as needed to ensure environmental, health, and safety compliance.
● Working knowledge of OSHA 1910.
● Working knowledge of EPA reporting requirement for EPA 311, 312, 313 (EPCRA, Tier II, Form R).
● Basic knowledge of air permits, NSPDES and SPCC.