Middleburg/Orange Park/Green Cove Springs
Part Time: 12-29 Hours/week
Thursdays: 7 a.m.-10 a.m., 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Fridays: 7 a.m.-10 a.m., 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Job Description: Driver positions are designed to meet the transportation needs of individuals attending Life Skills Development and other support services. Drivers provide transportation to and from authorized service locations as well as occasional recreational events as scheduled. The position is Monday through Friday with occasional prescheduled evening and weekend work.
Responsibilities and duties of this position include:
- Follow all Challenge Enterprises of North Florida, Inc. policies and procedures as set forth in the Board of Director's approved personnel handbook.
- Always follow agency confidentiality procedures.
- Maintain excellent communication with agency managers and supervisors.
- Pick up employees at designated sites and drop off at work site.
- Picking up and dropping off individuals to and from designated sites for Life Skills and door to door.
- Follow Wheelchair lift safety procedures.
- Assist individual on and off vehicles that may have mobility limitations.
- Complete daily vehicle log.
- Inspect vehicle before leaving on routes.
- Report vehicle problems per agency policy to maintenance manager.
- Report any passenger issues or concerns to supervisor.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Must pass Federal Level II background check.
- Must have current Florida Driver's License and a 3-year clean driving record and/or commercial license and any additional items required by governmental jurisdiction for drivers.
- Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Must be flexible with route deviations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Follow operations manual.
The work requires routine driving, walking standing, stooping, bending. May require up to 50 pounds lifting. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).