Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for leading Technology Operations in US and global locations
- Responsible for resolving all technology related incident tickets
- Accountable for maintaining 99.99 SLA
- Responsible for instrumenting proactive alerting and Monitoring of the platform and take prompt actions to mitigate any risks
- Responsible for maintaining and managing all standard operational procedures for Change management, incident management and problem ticket resolution
- Understand End to End platform architecture, technology components at ground level and recommend or implement changes based on active feedback from the operational issues
- Understand and ensure adherence to enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans) or follow exception/waiver processes as needed
- Work with multiple teams to define architectural solutions
- Contribute to the product roadmap for the product; own the technical roadmap/solution-side roadmaps
- Provide expertise in applications/software evaluation, selection and implementation
- Bring people together to meet common goals using facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills. Build and advance collaborative relationships with business partners, product managers and IT Architects
- Hands-on solution development and validation as needed
- Manage program and partner expectations and relationships
- Ensure necessary quality assurance processes are implemented and followed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience leading software engineering teams and solutions architecture for data intensive, scalable, high throughput platforms, and applications
- 5+ years of experience with back-end technologies, such as Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Rest API Development
- 3+ years of experience leading technology operations for large and complex high throughput application or a technology platform
- Solid Full Stack Engineering Concepts (Front End Web Technologies & Back End Technologies) and hands-on on latest technologies
- Experience proactively tracking the Agile engineering metrics for scrum teams, as well as metrics improvement plans
- Experience enabling DevOps Maturity by driving CI/CD, automation, and continuous monitoring in all the applications, experience using tools like Docker, Dockers etc.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with a deep technical understanding of emerging technologies to address needs and problems of providing services to large and technically progressive organizations
- Experience with formulating technology strategy, budget, and policies at multiple levels of an organization
- Experience facilitating and leading engineering teams, architecture & delivery planning activities across geographically diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated communication skills including explaining complex concepts effectively to technical and nontechnical audience, negotiation and persuasion, conflict resolution, and presenting to executive levels management
- Demonstrated leadership skills having led changes in large multi-functional global teams and using Agile practices
- Experience with Hasura, GraphQL, Postgress, and Azure components like serverless functions, Event Grid, or Event Hub
- Exposure to IaC (Infrastructure as Code) on Azure using Terraform and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut and/or Nevada residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Software Engineering, Operations, Software Engineering, Technology, Optum, Optum Technology, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote