Director of Strategy Marketing
We dont just have a mission statementwe have a mission.
At Refresh Mental Health our commitment to optimal mental health and steadfast support extends to every member of our team.
Refresh Mental Health realizes the strength of our practice is our exceptional staff. We support our employees in building a thriving and profitable workload upon a culture of values of innovation, professionalism, and healthy work/life balance. We are currently seeking a Director of Strategy Marketing for a full-time position in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Director of Strategy Marketing will be responsible for creating content, collaborating with operational leaders to develop innovative marketing strategies, and implementing optimized marketing solutions across all locations and service lines. This role is a key contributor to successful brand awareness, increased census to meet business expectations/KPI, improved client experience (NPS), and advancing the organization's intellectual property strategy. From a team leader standpoint, the director guides and collaborates on core marketing activities, including multi-channel content development, customer communication and training, program development, product management, cross-functional projects, and updating stakeholders through regular communication.
As an individual thought leader and executor, the role steers Integration, new locations, service line-focused product development, and innovation initiatives from concept to launch, inclusive of business case composition, close partnership with operations and other business leaders, project management of production readiness, and new product introduction (NPI).
The position is responsible for ongoing market, competitor, patent, and trademark analysis. The ideal candidate is a strong cross-functional partner and people leader with a broad base of marketing expertise in B2-B and B2C settings, preferably in behavioral healthcare or other direct-to-consumer markets. Additionally, he/she should have a demonstrated track record of managing multi-location, multi-state, and multiple service lines through the standardized lifecycle and be familiar with intellectual property assets, documentation, and processes.
* Health Insurance Benefits - Strong health coverage with a variety of offerings.
* Dental and Vision Benefits.
* 401 K - Full-time employees are eligible to contribute to the 401 K plan with a company match.
* Other Elective Insurances - Short-term disability, life insurance, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Innovation Process Management:
* Compose product development, innovation strategy, and lifecycle, including marketing roadmap, identification of service line and location expansion opportunities and adjacent markets, and business case development that feeds annual and multi-year operating and Integration plans.
* Serve as a facilitator and translate feedback into curated insights that advance cross-functional workstreams.
* Act as a thought leader around service innovation, unlocking white space in the organization's product portfolio and identifying gaps in current offerings based on the outside-in perspective from industry experts, and market analysis
* Create project briefs for new initiative launches, lead design reviews, identify unique features, assess new intellectual property potential, and develop brand/trademark strategy.
* Build and support the team in building marketing assets to champion new and current initiatives, differentiating from competitors through positioning, messaging, unique selling propositions, and other foundational attributes
* Develop and maintain a library of intellectual property; collaborate with internal subject matter experts on review and approach
Content Management & Development
* Develops the training for internal and external audiences, using version control to update and maintain training and reference materials.
* Develops quality, branded training materials for target audiences and functional areas to meet business needs. Synthesize business rules, policies, and procedures into impactful end-user materials, including 1-pagers, tutorials, technical documentation, videos, and workflows for varied audiences.
* Serves as a convener, facilitating workgroups and meetings, as appropriate with subject matter experts, to develop training plans, inform communications and curriculum, and documentation.
* Develops deployment documentation for customers and maintains training and learning materials for teams.
* Develops content following established standards and helps launch new protocols for new content tools.
* Presents materials to different audiences to support communication of policies and procedures across departments.
* Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field, MBA preferred
* 7-10+ years of marketing experience in the healthcare industry with a mix of creative, content development, digital and traditional media, product and program management
* 3+ years of people management
* Progressive experience leading service line development and/or innovation initiatives, resulting in the successful launch of new locations
Refresh Mental Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse workplace. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of all people, including those of LGBTQIA+ communities, members of all ethnic groups, people with disabilities and medical conditions, foreign-born residents, and veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Refresh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.