Director of Manufacturing and Sourcing
About the Brand:
KREWE is an independent high-fashion eyewear company inspired by the creativity and spirit of New Orleans, our hometown. Since launching in 2013 the brand has continued to grow and evolve with an extensive offering of unique, hand-crafted sun and optical frames designed in New Orleans and crafted with the utmost attention to detail. In addition to 4 brick & mortar locations, 9 “Tiny House” concept stores, and a robust ecommerce business the brand is also available at many notable retailers such as Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and shopbop. KREWE’s unique approach to eyewear has created a cult-following amongst consumers and influencers alike. Our frames have appeared in publications from GQ to VOGUE and on celebrities such as Beyonce, Gigi Hadid, Meghan Markle, Carrie Underwood, Hailey Bieber, Zayne Malik, Scott Disick, Adam Huber, among others.
As the business grows, we are seeking smart, creative, and experienced individuals to join our talented team! Key attributes and qualities we are looking for in candidates for all open roles: Entrepreneurial spirit, innovative and solution-oriented, adaptable and resilient, best-practices methodology, team-oriented with a lean-in attitude, highest standards for execution, and a high level of accountability.
● Manage overseas eyewear manufacturing companies and component suppliers.
● Negotiate pricing to achieve desired gross profit margins.
● Manage the logistics processes and carriers related to inbound delivery of product(s) to the KREWE central warehouse.
● Manage 3 rd party Quality Control company (PEL).
● Establish and manage quality standards for manufacturers and suppliers.
● Manage CAPA process.
● Conduct quality audits of suppliers.
● Assess 3 rd Party Manufacturer’s capacity and capabilities.
● Assess manufacturing, component vendor, and PD deliverable leadtimes and seek opportunities to reduce those leadtimes.
● Identify and implement cost improvement projects.
● Manage staff inclusive of Production Manager, Project Manager, PD Associate, QC Inspector, and 3 rd party Hong Kong based contractor.
● Create and report on various Manufacturing and Quality KPI’s.
● Conduct weekly agenda driven production conference calls with manufacturers.
● Identify, vet, negotiate contract(s), and onboard new manufacturers.
● Source component suppliers, negotiate prices, monitor quality and shipment performance.
● Monitor and report on production status relative to on-time PO’s and fill rates.
● Monitor project timelines related to manufacturing and design tasks to ensure on-time performance.
● Attend project and manufacturing status meetings.