Full Time Human Resources Director
Brookdale Mandarin - 10790 Old St Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
• Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Provides leadership in all areas of human resources at assigned community(s). Responds to inquiries regarding company HR policies and programs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws.
- Facilitates and oversees human resources functions such as recruitment, new hire orientation, performance reviews, benefit administration, safety and workers' compensation administration, employee relations, and training/education initiatives.
- Responds to inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts necessary investigations on employee relations issues and advises management on appropriate resolution.
- Advises management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, compensation, benefits, and health/safety issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the human resources department budget.
- Identifies possible pay issues and works with Corporate HR to review local market rates for community positions. Discusses market information with Executive Director to determine if and where pay adjustments should be considered.
- Interviews and coordinates recruitment efforts and processes for specific positions as needed.
- Represents community(s) in legal proceedings, unemployment hearings and workers' compensation settlements.
- Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Trains management on leadership and HR skills. Identifies community training opportunities and works with Area/Regional/Divisional HRD to implement.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.