Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Are you ready to deliver bold, business-savvy solutions to help millions live healthier lives? UnitedHealth Group is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. As a director in the OptumHealth HCE Product Analytics organization, you will lead a team performing critical research and investigating key business issues in order to define and measure the value of Optum products and drive product effectiveness.
As a lead in this group, you will manage a team that interprets and analyzes clinical data to support product value definition and validation, statistical and predictive modeling and ongoing product enhancements which drive affordability. You will interact with senior leadership and matrix partners to achieve business objectives. This is where your bold ideas will write the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with Product Analytics leaders and Product stakeholders to define and prioritize analytic roadmap
- Manage and develop a team of researchers and data analysts by leading projects from conceptualization to completion
- Guide your team to develop and present analytic value stories which demonstrate the impact of OptumHealth products, particularly HouseCalls, advocacy and Healthcare Decision Support
- Recommend appropriate analytic methodologies and techniques to execute against an analysis plan or research objectives, analyze data by researching complex functional issues using a variety of resources
- Present study designs, methodologies and results to internal and external customers
- Build strong relationships with product and business leaders in Optum and UnitedHealth Group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in health care informatics and performing analysis on health data metrics
- 3+ years of management experience with progressive levels of accountability
- Background in statistical modeling and evaluation methods
- Advanced level proficiency with SAS
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel, including advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.