Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Client Management role will serve as the lead client operational experience manager for an assigned team and book of business within OptumRx. Responsibilities will include maintaining strong relationships with clients, delivering thoroughly responsive and proactive quality client service and accountability for client retention, satisfaction, quality, and upsell support.
This role will have overall responsibility for managing a segment’s operational quality experience as well as direct responsibility for managing select client relationships. In addition, position will have management responsibility for existing and future Pharmacy Account Managers.
Additional responsibilities include supporting OptumRx Account Executive teams as we seek to expand the book of business.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Acts as outward - facing, dedicated leader for the team while managing clients, typically with direct client contact
- Builds relationships with clients and serves as the primary point of contact for overall and day - to - day service delivery
- Represents client internally and coordinates with other functions on client systems, complete projects, and address service needs
- Develops functional, market level, and / or plans, production and / or organizational priorities for the team and sales for that market segment
- Develop, train and manage the team members for this market segment
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team
- Client satisfaction - NPS® scores for client and satisfaction surveys
- Implementation support
- Development of strategic plans
- Drive and implement business process changes to improve efficiencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors Degree or Commensurate Experience
- 7+ years of experience in Healthcare
- 7+ years in a client management role with specific ownership of client book of business
- 3+ years of experience in leadership of account support team
- Experience working with complex employer plan designs
- Experience engaging with senior executives both internal and external
- Experience working with peer team leaders to gain agreement on important client needs or issues to gain consensus on solutions for those needs
- Experience tracking team staffing needs with capacity plans, working on client forecasts with sales and making changes to processes or tools to ensure better client experience
- Ability to travel 25% - 30%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience managing UHC ASO carve-in client business
- Project Management certification
- PBM Experience
- Comfortable / thrives in fast paced, matrixed, ever changing and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication Skills, including written, verbal or large group presentations
- Excellent organizational skills due to changing priorities change in direction on major projects and sudden client requests
- Outside the box thinker willing to challenge the status quo
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Client Management, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting