Crossover is the world's #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Aurea Software. Have you got what it takes?
You believe that creating a great fit between your target market and the sales message is critical. You're a skilled marketer looking for a challenging role where you can develop an understanding of multiple products, markets, competitors, and buyers. You thrive when your day is focused on creating product positioning insights and the messaging to win the sale. If this is you, we want you on our team!
At Aurea, we're changing the way companies purchase software. We're doing that by:
- Building an enterprise software library that encompasses the complete IT needs of any business.
- Instead of buying software from multiple vendors, our customers can take advantage of the entire library for one subscription fee - saving millions of dollars!
- We treat sales as a science - looking for repeatable messages, actions, and patterns that help us build a world-class experience for our customers.
We are looking for content strategists with excellent writing skills to persuade our customers to change their way of consuming software. Unlike traditional product marketing roles, this isn't just a content creator. Instead, you will be a strategic visionary, operating like a founder for the products in your portfolio. You'll focus on deeply understanding the needs of buyers, not just asking them what they want. You'll create competitive positioning for the product dripping with secret sauce, not just a list of feature differences. Most importantly, you'll create messaging that is as clear as it is edgy and inspiring.
What You Will Be Doing
- Talking to existing customers and target buyers to develop buyer personas, understand the way products are used, and clarify the business problem they solve
- Creating the killer product positioning and "pitch message" that describes how Aurea products generate value in a unique way
- Evangelizing your solution message to prospects and customers in meetings, webinars, and company events
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Developing the actual marketing content and collateral - your core messaging will inform these, but you won't create them.
- Mass-producing generic messaging - each product or product combination should solve a specific problem for a particular buyer persona, and your job is to identify that.
- Working in isolation - a significant portion of your day will be spent talking to customers, target buyers, and internal teams to develop and train on the core messaging.
Digital Marketing Director Key Responsibilities
- Turn prospects into champions of a given product
- Writing, testing, and training others on the core product message
- At least 2 years of experience in a customer- or product-facing role for a software company OR at least 4 years of experience as a strategy consultant advising clients on the market potential and competitive positioning of technology products or businesses
- Excellent writing skills, particularly in simplifying complex concepts
About Aurea Software
Aurea was founded with the singular vision of helping businesses succeed in today’s complex digital landscape. To achieve that goal, we do things differently. Our customers enjoy access to every product in our portfolio - all of which are cloud-based, enterprise-scale, and easy to use - with one simple subscription. We focus on relationships instead of transactions. And our unique AureaOne operating model and acquisition strategy ensure that our portfolio continues to grow, so we can continue to provide competitive advantage and differentiated results for our customers no matter what the future holds.
Aurea was an early adopter of remote work. In fact, our entire team of nearly 2,000 people and growing operates in a fully-remote work model.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $100 USD/hour, which equates to $200,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4188-US-NewYork-DigitalMarketi.009