The Cardiovascular Sonography Director of Clinical Education ensures the availability of clinical sites for the educational experience of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography students. It is the responsibility of the Director of Clinical Education to prepare the students for their clinical experience with lab practice, classroom lectures and scheduling of physicals, background checks and/or drug testing required for clinical placement.
The Concentration Coordinator assists the Program Director in all administrative areas related to the Cardiovascular Sonography program including curriculum development, accreditation activities and instruction when the Program Director does not possess the appropriate credential.
All Concorde associates are required to display professionalism and uphold Concorde’s Mission and the core values of respect for the individual, integrity, teamwork, customer service, and achievement.
- Secure new clinical affiliation agreements (contracts) as required by the program
- Maintain affiliation agreements and ensure timely renewals of expiring contracts
- Develop, monitor, and refine the clinical education component of the curriculum
- Coordinate clinical education with didactic education as assigned by the program director and schedule students in appropriate clinical rotations
- Evaluate and ensure the appropriateness/effectiveness of all clinical education affiliates.
- Ensure that all requirements for clinical education in the program are met by every student
- Review and maintain students’ records related to immunizations, background checks and drug testing to assure compliance with Concorde and individual affiliate requirements prior to placing students at clinical sites
- Orient and train clinical instructors and/or preceptors at clinical sites
- Visit clinical affiliates at regular intervals to ensure that students meet clinical objectives
- Function as Instructor of Record for all clinical courses
- Maintain supervisory responsibility of all students attending a clinical site
- Serve as Instructor of Record or assist with instruction in didactic/laboratory courses as assigned and within accreditor guidelines
- Ensure proper and complete documentation of all visits to clinical sites
- Attend all local RDCS, CCI, or AIUM societies and other Cardiovascular Sonographer community functions when not conflicting with school duties
- Attend all program graduation ceremonies
- Be available in person, by phone or other methods of communication to solve problems as they arise at any time a student is in clinic
- Ensure that clinical documentation is complete, accurate and maintained securely as directed by the Program Director
- Assist with ongoing review and development of the program curriculum
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of programmatic and institutional accreditors including advisory committee meetings, scheduled and unannounced visits, annual reports, self-studies, and responses
- Provide regular performance feedback, including formal classroom observations, to all CVS faculty as appropriate and be open to coaching from the Program Director or Academic Dean
- Advise, coach, and mentor students as appropriate and necessary
- Provide support and supervision to ensure programmatic and institutional completion, licensure and placement outcomes are met
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director