Description: Our client is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer (remote) to support the Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure (CCTE) is a scientific organization working to support Agency decisions by providing solutions-driven research to rapidly evaluate the potential human health and environmental risks due to exposures to environmental chemicals and ensure the integrity of the freshwater environment and its capacity to support human well-being. This position is in the Scientific Computing and Data Curation Division (SCDCD) within the Application Development Branch (ADB). This position will work closely with the Senior DevOps Engineer, Applications Specialist, Developers and Operations Engineers to support our in house developed applications and the COTS DevOps applications.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Works with Senior DevOps Engineer in support of the tools and processes to design, build, deploy, manage, and monitor of over 20 web applications in dev/staging/production environments. Supports Application servers (RHEL) with updates, user permissions, web application configuration management, and log management. Participates in Agile ritual meetings. Thrive in an autonomous environment surrounded by unsolved problems.
- This position supports CI/CD for applications that are developed in-house that are both public and intranet facing. There are approximately 20 web applications that serve to either showcase scientific data via dashboards or curate scientific data. This position will also assist in support of the follow COTS applications: Jenkins, Portainer, Slack, Atlassian Bitbucket, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Grafana, Docker, Apache, HAProxy, Ansible, Docker Registry, SonaType Nexus, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Beats, among others.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Must be able to have a Government Furnished Equipment (GFE Computer), access to the EPA VPN, and access to a VDI Pro machine furnished by VDI.
- Must be able to attain a background investigation that will enable the candidate to have a security clearance capable of administering systems that are critical to CCTE busines and mission. This is a high risk position.
- 4 year degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience with CI/CD platform such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Minimum 1-year experience with containerized technologies such as Docker
- Minimum 1-year experience with linux administration skills using technologies for web applications such as Apache, Nginx, and/or HAProxy
- Minimum 1-year experience in an Agile development such as scrum or Kanban
- Minimum 1-year experience with source code version control management, code merging, Git Flow,
- Experience with open source tools. In most cases there is not a support mechanism in place accept for reading the documentation.
- Experience with Linux configuration management tools using Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar technologies
- Experience with Bash Scripting, Java, Python, Groovy, and/or Ruby
- Experience with centralized application logging management tools such as Elastic stack, Graylog, Fluentd or similar technologies
- Experience with automated testing integration
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]