Starboard Logistics is an Amazon Delivery Service Partner (DSP) based in Jacksonville, FL. We are seeking dependable, customer-focused and results-oriented team players to deliver Amazon packages. As a delivery associate, you will strive to ensure all Amazon orders are delivered with a smile, on time, safely, and to the right location. We offer full and part-time opportunities. We provide Amazon branded vans and an advanced mobile device that will direct you to every delivery address. Delivery experience is not required but preferred. Paid training is available for all new hires. Come join a growing team that rewards performance in a fun, fast-paced, and supportive company culture. Advancement opportunities are available.
Pickup/return location: 250 Busch Dr. East, Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must have a clean motor vehicle report (multiple violations can disqualify you from the position)
- Must have good English speaking, reading, writing communication skills
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- Driving experience: 2 years (preferred)
Essential Job Functions
- Safely drive and perform safety inspections on company vehicle; follow all local & state laws, road/driving regulations, and company policies.
- Load, unload, and deliver packages on time.
- Interact in a positive and a professional manner with customers and general public while delivering products to customers’ homes, retail, and business locations.
- Use smartphone device for global positioning system (GPS) navigation, scanning packages, conducting administrative requirements such as clocking in/out, and communicating with supervisors and other team members.
- Communicate effectively with support team to provide exceptional customer service and ensure deliveries are completed.
- Drive and work in varying weather conditions.
- Be customer service-oriented, courteous and respectful.
- Arrive to work on time and complete deliveries per the prescribed standards outlined by the company.
- Ensure delivery vehicle is clean, fueled, and in good operating condition at all times.
- Keep up with this fast-paced position with or without a reasonable accommodation including: lift packages (up to 50 lbs.), get in and out of a van repeatedly throughout the day, and walk up and down stairs as needed.
- Support the team in daily work requirements including participation in rescue pick-up's when other team members need assistance with their routes.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting pay at $16.50 per hour (paid biweekly)
- Opportunity for performance incentives and bonuses
- Paid training
- Overtime pay at least $24.75 per hour when working in excess of 40 hours per week
- Two paid 15-minute breaks during your shift and one unpaid 30-minute meal break
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (for full time associates)
- Paid Time Off begins accruing immediately at start of employment
- $125 yearly credit to purchase work shoes from Zappos
- Full-time: 3 to 4 days per week (with 1 weekend day); Part-Time: 2 days per week
- Up to 10 hours per day. There may be adjustments including additional hours and potential schedule changes depending on time of the year e.g. peak seasons and other factors
- Currently hiring for 11AM shift that can sometimes finish as late as 10PM (end time depends on how efficiently you work)
- Delivery Vehicle & Gas
- Handheld technology
- Other safety and administrative gear necessary for job accomplishment
Health and safety are always a top priority for Amazon and the Delivery Service Partners that Amazon contracts with. In partnership with one another, Amazon and the DSPs continue to consult with medical and health experts, and take all appropriate recommended precautions to keep everyone healthy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of age, national origin, race, color, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or any other protected category.