Description: We are currently seeking Underwriters (DE)
Our client is looking to hire a Full-Time Underwriter to be responsible for the underwriting of loans in accordance with company and investor guidelines. Candidates should have experience directly or indirectly related to the Mortgage Industry.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the Underwriting Manager the accountabilities and job activities of the Underwriter position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Timely underwriting of loan credit packages and appraisals for compliance with various investor and government agency guidelines.
- Contact with private investors and government agencies to resolve any issues or questions that may arise on loan files, programs, etc. Review and analyze income from both personal and corporate tax returns.
- Communicate decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Analyze loan packages for any sign of fraudulent documentation or information.
- Work with Loan Originators to restructure questionable loans into a salable package.
- Remain informed of all government regulations, requirements and laws for both branch and broker submissions.
- Consult with the Processing and Closing departments to ensure that all underwriting conditions are met prior to closing the loan. Review and clear all underwriting conditions prior to closing.
- Do you have experience with encompass?
- Are your MOST RECENT 3 years working in frontline retail underwriting?
- Do you have experience Underwriting; FHA, VA, USDA, Construction to Perm, or Renovation/203k?
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years Conventional front-line underwriting. FHA Direct Endorsement.
- Pass pre-hire assessment.
- Complete new hire training including underwriting of test cases and second level review of “live” loans.
- Knowledge of various investor guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to work remotely 100%
- Minimum of 20 mbps download and 3 mbps upload internet bandwidth speeds are required.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com