Signature Consultants is seeking a Data Scientist for an opportunity with a client located in Neptune Beach, FL.
- Explore and manage large and diverse agronomic datasets as part of building models
- Design, prototype, and test predictive models using diverse techniques that include but are not limited to machine learning, deep learning, process modeling, and statistical modeling
- Write robust, well-documented, and well-tested research code and libraries that adhere to community standards and best practices
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, help with designing, planning, and implementing solutions, and assist with code review
- Work closely with a team of world-class scientists, engineers, and mathematicians to deliver high quality and reproducible scientific research
- PhD with 2 years of experience or MS with 3 years of experience in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, or another highly quantitative discipline
- Strong Python coding skills for data science, including experience with standard data science packages (e.g., numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn)
- Ability to learn new quantitative domains and modeling techniques
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with business stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members
- Demonstrated experience building predictive machine learning, deep learning, simulation, and/or statistical models
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code, with an emphasis on scientific code
- Experience using tools for Big Data analysis such as SQL and PySpark
- Experience using version control systems (e.g., git)
- Experience joining large and diverse datasets across multiple databases & performing data quality checks
- Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud based platforms
- Knowledge of agricultural technology especially with regard to row crops
- Curiosity and an open-mind towards unfamiliar data sources and unfamiliar quantitative domains
- Passion for solving challenging problems, excellent problem solving and innovative thinking skills, and being able to define problems, explore potential solutions, choose the best solution and implement the solutions
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.