CGI is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team based in Jacksonville, FL.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Working with robotic applications and identifying robotic solutions
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods - deep learning, learning to rank, anomaly detection
• Extending existing data with third party and open sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Creating object recognition systems from images, video and other media feeds
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree or above (Masters or PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, or other physical science/engineering fields
• 10+ years of overall experience in machine learning and data mining techniques
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, natural language processing (NLP) etc.
• Excellent understanding of deep learning techniques - neural networks, Boltzmann machines, auto-encoders, etc.
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, R Shiny, GGplot, etc.
• Experience in large scale machine learning
• Algorithm development on high-performance systems such as Spark, H20.ai, and others
• Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as EventStore, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• US Citizenship is required
• Ability to travel and given technology presentations
• Experience with cloud providers - Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
• Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks/Databricks
• Knowledge of data exploration and visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, D3, etc)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Data Analysis
- Data Conversion
- Data Engineering