Our client, a financial services company, is seeking a CW - Lead UX Designer
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Position Type: Contract
As part of the UX team, the successful candidate will work on multiple interactive projects, deliver day-to-day maintenance of existing experiences, and generate design using appropriate tools, resources and processes. The candidate will collaborate with internal team members. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is collaborative, and can take both a creative and analytical approach when problem solving. Candidates should possess a strong background in user experience, digital design and a demonstrated ability to produce clean and simple layouts and components that solve users' needs.
- Collaborate with product and digital strategy teams to understand user needs and opportunities.
- Act as the lead, working with designers, IA, Content, and/or Prototyping directly, to deliver the visual design of the user experience.
- Create low to high fidelity designs throughout the design process - including wireframes, user flows, detailed visual designs, and other documentation to communicate the experience.
- Create documentation to help communicate the experience to the project team, UX team and prototyping team.
- Design with the style guide, brand and best user experience in mind.
- Manage design workflow and timelines to ensure accurate and timely delivery of projects.
- Show desire to iterate on design, while having the ability to finish a project on time.
- Collaborate with development team to understand constraints and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Core Competency Requirements
- Advanced knowledge and skill in using Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Invision.
- Ability to communicate design effectiveness and efficiency at project team, internal, partner and executive briefings.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience as a Visual Designer, Graphic Designer, User Experience Designer, or similar role.
- Experience with multi-device design and responsive design.
- Well-versed in visual design fundamentals, typography, color theory, brand communication and UI principles.
- Understanding and experience with concepts of HTML and CSS.
- Strong verbal and visual communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Financial industry experience strongly preferred.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design, Human Factors, Interaction, Graphic or Interface Design.
- Experience designing for the social web, design patterns, rich Internet applications and delivery methodologies.
- A passion for being the voice of the user and a proven track-record building user-centric solutions.
- Experience working with teams in multiple software project methods such as Waterfall SDLC and Agile.
- Online portfolio displaying a firm understanding of user-centered design processes and information architecture principles is a must.