About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built over 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than new homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Build your career with KB Home. Learn more.
JOB SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for scheduling subcontractors, evaluating the subcontractor's work and completing warranty claims within 7 days for both active and closed out communities. In addition, the Customer Service Representative will carry out homeowner orientations and follow-up with homeowners periodically at designated times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Warranty Claim Processing
- Facilitate warranty claims by scheduling, evaluating and ensuring proper resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete all warranty claims within 7 days.
- Hold subcontractors accountable for their work.
- Manage CSI for assigned communities (active as well as closed out).
- Continually strive for superior CSI ranking in specific market.
- Maintain a CSI of 98% or above
- Homeowner Communication
- Deliver a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home.
- Explain KB Home's Limited Warranty to homeowner
- Schedule and complete post close visits at 10 days, 30 days, 60 days, 6 months, 11 months & 18 months
- Conduct quality walks on each home to ensure KB Home standards are met.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meeting to ensure all goals are met.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service experience in homebuilding or related real estate industry, or applicable construction management training required
- 1 - 2 years of construction experience with a production homebuilder preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong experience in delivering high quality customer service programs. JD P experience a plus!
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Ability to work the "On-Call" program when needed (respond to emergency calls or other issues during off-hours)
- Valid driver's license required
- Local travel required within designated region
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.