- Leads, assists, motivates, and evaluates shift employees in daily operations, problem resolution, and promotes culture of continuous improvement.
- Promotes and trains on consistent and proactive safety, including audits for compliance, incident reports, investigation on “close calls”.
- Ensures quality specifications are met and procedures are followed.
- Trains team in executing proper company procedures, focusing on safety, quality, and meeting production goals.
- Cross-functional teamwork with HR for payroll processing, personnel or labor issues, and staffing. Cross-functional work with peers to inform on important issues at shift changeover.
- Manages shift to attain production and scrap goals.
- Troubleshoots and resolves process, equipment, and material issues in conjunction with support personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree not required but preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful production supervision experience preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with the willingness and ability to learn new systems; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Team player with ability to build lasting productive business relationships with hourly employees, management, and peers.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. and sometimes more, and regularly stand/move about facility.
- You only work 15 days a month
- You have every other weekend off
Novolex® is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial markets. Our products offer superior performance, provide convenience, reduce waste and support food safety and hygiene for the benefit of millions of people who use our products every day. Our ability to meet their needs reflects the wide diversity of our products and the commitment to quality embraced by our more than 10,000 employees. With 60 manufacturing facilities and administrative offices in North America and Europe, including two world-class plastic recycling facilities, we are close to our customers and ready to serve them through our Food & Delivery and Performance Solutions segments.