If you reside within the state of North Carolina you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we’ll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. This position will provide administrative assistant support for the UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of NC Quality Team, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and helping with logistics for internal meetings and market facing events. You will work independently in a manner consistent with the highest levels of performance and professionalism to accomplish critical tasks. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This role requires North Carolina residence, is a telecommuting role, and can be based out of the employee's home. This role may require travel locally up to 10% of the time and up to 4 hours away from your residence on occasion. Occasional travel may be required to attend State sponsored meetings and to the Greensboro or Raleigh office.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage the calendars and any changes in schedules for clinical leadership
- Work with Quality Team leadership to schedule Quality meetings and workshops virtually and across the state of NC for large groups including arranging meals for attendees and planning business dinners
- Coordinate and assemble meeting materials, i.e., PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, and meeting agendas, and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Routine administration of file maintenance
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Work effectively as an integral member of a team
- Handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Compile and / or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Answer incoming calls and facilitate handling of requests for information
- Evaluate calls in terms of importance and use independent judgment to take action such as interrupting work directors or notifying others
- Independently perform varied administrative duties related to functional areas
- Manage office documents in accordance with enterprise records management procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience administrative support to an executive at the Director level or higher
- 2+ years managing meeting logistics such as agendas, meeting minutes and presentations
- 2+ years of experience working in a large, fast-paced, matrix and corporate environment
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (ability to create, edit, save and send documents, spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence
- Ability to travel locally up to 10% of the time and up to 4 hours away from your residence on occasion. Travel may be required to attend State sponsored meetings and to the Greensboro or Raleigh office, with potential to come into the office for meetings.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Must reside within the state in North Carolina
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Experience electronically creating and submitting expense reports
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Proactively identifies solutions to non-standard requests
- Solves moderately complex problems on own
- Works with team to solve complex problems
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and completes work to meet established objectives
- Demonstrated writing & editing experience
- Technology or healthcare industry background
- Experience managing multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Professional and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of moderately complex activities
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holdWelcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SMs true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: administrative, scheduling, coordinator, clerical, hiring immediately, Greensboro, Raleigh, North Carolina, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO