If you are located within the Central or Pacific time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm CST & PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provides administrative clinical support to the inpatient clinical team up to including requesting clinical information as directed the Inpatient nurse
- Manage incoming clinical information from providers and external partners
- Ensure a timely acknowledgement and response to all fax requests for medical services documents received providing appropriate feedback to address processing issues
- Maintain high level of data integrity and compliance to set turnaround time to meet regulatory / contractual requirements and operational metrics
- Communicate with the clinical team to ensure the provider receives a response with necessary information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of data entry experience in administrative or clerical support role
- 1+ years of experience working within the healthcare industry, hospital, physician's office or medical setting
- 1+ years of experience Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Experience handling confidential client / patient information
- Ability to navigate a PC to open multiple applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills: Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, sum, insert bar graphs and use formulas, create, and edit data in spreadsheets), Microsoft Word (ability to create documents and complete mail merging) and Microsoft Outlook (ability to manage email, calendar, and task lists)
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST or PST.
- Some College (or higher)
- Experience with Captiva, ECAA, and / or ICUE / HSR
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience working with ICD - 10 and CPT and HCPC coding
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid Services
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Reside within CST or PST
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Previous work experience in a virtual environment
- Ability to work with multiple screens and applications at one time
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families, and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW