$1000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
There may be easier administrative jobs out there, but few offer the satisfaction of truly helping people manage their personal health and well-being. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive and memorable. If you're the kind of person who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, find out more.
The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the management of the census data for accurate bed day reporting. Inpatient, skilled nursing and acute rehab cases are created in the appropriate UM applications and routed to the CDU for coverage determination, eligibility verification, and routing to the assigned facility nurse as per the Priority Review (PR) and Secondary Level of Care (SLOC) criteria. CDU is responsible for capturing the most accurate census data as possible, timely discharge date entry, managing future scheduled admissions, and referrals to the applicable case management and disease management programs, while meeting the turnaround time goals to support timely clinical review.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
We offer 2 - 4 weeks of training. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage notifications and case validation using standard process documents
- Route Priority Review inpatient cases from Intake to ICM and Generic work queue within required timeframe
- Focus on data integrity and accuracy for multiple downstream dependencies
- Foster collaborative working relationships with facilities, vendors, medical groups, internal clinical and non-clinical staff
- Orient new and existing facilities to the notification requirements / process
- Adhere to a work schedule based on business needs including weekend and holiday rotations
- Make timely case corrections based on the Health Care Economics Exception Reports
- Meets expected quality and productivity standards
- Be able to review benefit documents and quote INN and OON benefits
- Knowledge to create referrals in HSR
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Health Care or Health Plan experience
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send emails and calendars), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets)
- Ability to perform ICD-10, CPT, and HCPC coding
- Previous experience working with HSR (IQUE)
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime, rotating weekends, and holidays based on business need
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Previous CDU experience
- Reside within 50 miles of any UHC office
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must have a quiet designated work space and access to install secure high-speed internet (minimum speed 1.5 download mps and 1 upload mps) via cable / DSL in home (NOTE: wireless/cell phone provider, satellite, microwave, etc... does NOT meet this requirement)
- Ability to work independently or with teams using process documents
- Comfort level to make out bound calls to facilities and provider offices
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 - $25.19. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.77 - $27.79. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, UnitedHealth, Clinical, Administrative, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO, Sign-On Bonus