You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home. This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Review and triage incoming faxes for dedicated lines of business on behalf of clinical staff.
- Gather and data enter clinical specifics to build authorization for clinicians.
- Process administrative authorization requests submitted both electronically and paper within compliance timeframes, in various clinical platforms.
- Serves as a liaison between call and clinical operation to investigate and resolve authorization conflicts that are submitted by claim processors.
- Administratively assign Treatment Milestone Outlier (TMO) Authorizations to Facility Based Care Advocates (FBCA)
- Outbound calls to providers of service to withdrawal and/or update authorizations.
- Outbound member notification calls within defined regulatory timeframes.
- Outbound calling to providers of service to obtain consumers treatment status as a part of the access to care process.
- Generate written approval notification letters using ELGS (Electronic Letter Generation System)
- Manually fax authorization letters to provider for members at IP facilities to ensure regulated written notification timeframes are met.
- Process various non-clinical admin tasks in support of clinical operations.
- Front-end eAccommodation submission.
- Navigate and document multiple clinical applications and SharePoint sites
- Submit Electronic Provider Updates requests.
- Support internal business partner emailed inquires.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical environment including hospital, clinic, or physician’s office
- Minimum 2+ years of office work and/or customer service experience
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of fundamental health-care related terminology, programs or services
- Ability to demonstrated skill sets using Microsoft Office system products - Microsoft Outlook (open, edit, create, save, and send emails), Microsoft Word (open, edit, create, save, and send documents), Microsoft Excel (open, edit, create, save, and send spreadsheets), Microsoft Teams (able to communicate, IM, and join meetings) and Microsoft SharePoint (able to take an excel spreadsheet, sort, paste to a SharePoint sight)
- Familiar with and understanding of Medicare compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Familiar with the clinical and claims platforms (Linx, ICUE, Cosmos, UNET, OHBS Facets) needed to perform administrative tasks as well as problem solve requests
- Must be able to work a schedule that includes rotating Saturdays
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Experience in healthcare benefits
- Ability to interact courteously and professionally with colleagues, internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace with accuracy
- Experience applying specific policies or standards to daily work to assure compliance with relevant regulations.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO