About the Company:
Regency Centers Corporation (Nasdaq: REG)Regency Centers is a preeminent national owner, operator, and developer of shopping centers located in suburban trade areas with compelling demographics. Our portfolio includes thriving properties merchandised with highly productive grocers, restaurants, service providers, and best-in-class retailers that connect to their neighborhoods, communities, and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-administered, self-managed, and an S&P 500 Index member. For more information, please visit RegencyCenters.com.
About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking a Claims Litigation Paralegal to join our Jacksonville, Florida corporate office. This is a hybrid opportunity consisting of the opportunity to work remotely 2 days a week. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel and assists the Associate General Counsel and Claims Litigation Manager in office and non-manual work directly related to the company's general business operations by managing personal injury/premises liability-related litigation, coordinating interactions between risk management, outside counsel, property management, claims adjusters and any other Regency affiliated personnel regarding all such litigation matters, and ensuring claims are investigated and settled in the company's best interest. Position requires strong understanding of insurance claim process and personal injury and premises liability-related litigation.
* Manages personal injury/premises liability-related litigation; coordinates interactions between risk management, outside counsel, property management, claims adjusters and any other Regency affiliated personnel regarding all such litigation matters; ensures claims are investigated and settled in the company's best interest
* Attend (and travel when necessary) claim reviews, mediations, depositions, trials and other related meetings as official representative of the company
* Use and maintain data in all claims systems and litigation management systems used by Regency
* Completion of paralegal training program preferred
* Paralegal certification preferred
* A minimum of three years of paralegal or equivalent legal support experience in personal injury or premises liability litigation
* Knowledge of commercial real estate preferred
* Knowledge of litigation processes and procedures
* Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office software, email and internet research functionality, and case management software
* High level of professionalism and integrity; Must be trustworthy and able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately
* Strong attention to detail, organization, priority setting and time-management skills
* Good customer and task focus coupled with interpersonal savvy and perseverance skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, paid parental leave and compassion leave, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts, flexible paid time off, and paid holidays.
* Regency Centers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Regency Centers is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
* Pay Type Hourly
* 1 Independent Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32202, USA