Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Front Office / Certified Medical Assistant, under the direction of supervisor and/or physician, assists with the normal day-to-day tasks associated with a specialty practice.
- Performs multi-tasks normally associated with a small physician specialty practice.
- Assists in registration, examination, treatment, check-out, and reappointment of patients under the direction of the physician and team leader.
- Receives and interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information in patients' medical records.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Requests medications, lab tests, diagnostic tests, and specialty referrals upon the physician’s orders.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a physician-driven medical practice.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.