UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The CoE strategy is to improve our shared services delivery and establish communities of specialty-skilled resources trained to deliver ongoing and project-based services across business lines. The purpose is to improve enterprise interoperability, delivery quality, cost efficiency and staffing flexibility via centralized program & portfolio management, resource and demand management, and knowledge management. A shared service is a group that provides a defined set of functions to support ongoing operational business needs. A CoE is a cross-business community of specialty-skilled resources supported by a common set of methods, tools, standards, and technology across business lines to provide consistent, predictable, cost-effective capabilities via a flexible resource allocation model.
The foundation of the CoE strategy is based on the conjunction of three key concepts:
- Individual Shared Services and CoE groups providing specific, repeatable functions, specialty skills to multiple business areas, including operations teams and business partners
- CoE governance that defines and enforces continuing communication and coordination between CoEs, Shared Services and Business Partners to ensure the CoE model evolves to support ongoing enterprise needs
- CoE infrastructure that provides a single, consistent platform that supports a common set of processes that are defined and facilitated by the CoE Enablement team including Program and Portfolio Management, Resource Management, Demand Management and Knowledge Management
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. East Coast Preferred.
The CoE Program Lead is responsible for mobilizing and operating the CoE Model, including establishing the governance, communication, quality and reporting deliverables and processes needed to operate measure, monitor, and manage the model. This includes designing and using metrics from the ServiceNow platform and Rally tools. The CoE Program Lead reports to the CoE Strategic Lead. The CoE Program Lead will:
- Lead a matrixed team of resources across multiple business areas to mobilize and mature the CoE rollout across Ben Ops. This matrixed team-of-teams will represent key stakeholder groups including business leads, finance, legal, human capital, procurement, training, communications, and technology as well as individual CoE Leads
- Develop and operationalize the processes and work products needed to run the day-to-day CoE governance including formal metrics capture and reporting, cross-CoE coordination, onboarding CoE teams to the model and platform, and the expansion of the CoE model functions for enterprise support
- Establish ongoing team-of-teams governance and cross-stakeholder management that ties together CoE Leads to ensure that they are implementing all of the key tenets of the CoE strategy
- Lead the development of the CoE value tracking measurement approach, key metrics, business assessment and CoE effectiveness measures
- Implement standard CoE value reporting that provides clear, transparent access to CoE performance and value delivery information
- Guide the implementation of key CoE maturity categories across Ben Ops including:
- Knowledge Management
- Centralized Staffing & Demand management
- Bench Management
- CoE Delivery Tools and Enterprise Licensing
- CoE Performance and Value Management
- CoE Training and Certification
- Develop a stakeholder management approach that includes ongoing business and CoE feedback on CoE value delivery and priority alignment
- Support ongoing search, assimilate and sunset processes to centralize silo groups that duplicate CoE functions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with health care payers and services companies with a consulting or professional services firm
- 5+ years of consulting and organizational design experience
- 5+ years of experience ideating, designing, and implementing business level transformation and optimization strategies
- 5+ years coaching leadership teams through organizational maturity journeys
- Experience working in a blended Agile framework across product and project type work efforts
- Broad familiarity of health plan administration or payer operations (such as claims, program and payment integrity, enrollment, provider service, care management)
- Progressive experience in program management and value realization, inclusive of programs successfully delivering $50M or more of value
- PMP certification
- Flexible with 25% travel to Minneapolis and other US office locations as well as offshore locations for on-site CoE scoping, planning, implementation, and management
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Centers of Excellence, CoE, Program Lead, Healthcare, Agile, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona