This role will serve as a thought partner and liaise between Nat Geo Live/Disney Institute and WDW legal. You will recommend policies to support risk management efforts and advise on transactional issues related to contracts aimed at enabling the business to achieve its objectives. You will negotiate and draft contracts, advise on proposal drafts and issues, lead efforts to protect the business's intellectual property rights, and provide expertise and leadership in efforts to implement changes that improve processes, minimize risk, and improve performance.
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of both Disney Institute and Nat Geo Lives positions on various business topics; leveraging past precedence where appropriate to advise senior management.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned staff, ensuring that workflows processes and service levels meet and support business objectives
- Provide stakeholder updates on business affairs-related metrics. Assemble and summarize data; prepare reports; provide executive summaries, analysis, and other presentations to senior management
- Recommend policies to support risk management issues. Gain solid understanding of intellectual property rights, gained from experience working with various partners in rights and clearances, legal, marketing and other business areas
- Negotiate and drafts different types of contracts for Disney Institute and Nat Geo Lives services. Work with internal stakeholders and external clients to resolve contract related issues
- Reviews promotions, offers, marketing and advertising materials. Draft disclosures, terms and releases to ensure all rights necessary for compliance
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications :
- Highly collaborative. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and with external clients
- A minimum 5 years' experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Experience with intellectual property rights, gained from experience working in the entertainment industry or in a marketing, advertising or agency environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt successfully in a fast paced, ever changing environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to identify best practices to form recommendations and implement solutions to meet changing business needs
- Ability to translate operating goals into processes and assignments
- Prior transactional experience within a corporate environment
- A solid understanding of intellectual property rights, gained from experience working in the entertainment industry, and/or in a marketing, advertising or agency environment
- Strong Acumen, collaboration and executive presence
Required Education :
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Additional Information :
This job is located in Orlando, FL.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.