Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company with local and national workplace recognition in multiple categories! Our world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a company. A great product, amazing people and our stable financial history have made us one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
Our Collections team works with our consumers to promote great service and encourage them to bring their accounts current through inbound and outbound calls. Collections is a great place to start or grow your career and here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Compensation structure designed to pay above market which includes a competitive hourly rate plus uncapped monthly bonus potential.
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, quarterly profit sharing, and benefits that begin on your first day!
- Flexible scheduling that allows you to pick your own hours on your assigned flex days.
- 98% of our Collections leadership team was promoted from within and we have had many other Collectors use the skills they gained to transition to other roles within the company.
- Training on your first day and beyond! Foundational training during your first 3 weeks plus continuous learning through one on one coaching, online courses, and even leadership development.
- A listening culture that gives every team member a voice. Our leadership team has an open door policy and you have the opportunity to share your ideas and feedback through multiple channels including CEO and Department Town Halls, round tables, and many others!
- Great Place to Work culture that includes a relaxed work environment, allocated hours for having fun, and recognition programs for new hires, top performers, birthdays, milestone anniversaries, shout outs, awards, and ongoing contests!
- Work perks including discounts for physical fitness, restaurants, travel, technology, shopping, and much more!
- An opportunity to participate in company initiatives outside of your work including Social, Community Service, and Diversity & Inclusion committees.
About this Position:
- NOTE: This position will work from home. At a future date, occasional planned travel to an office location may be required or, if local to one of our offices, an office work location may be assigned.
- Consistently, efficiently, and lawfully contact consumers who are behind on their auto loan payments
- Professionally and respectfully persuade consumers to pay in an effort to bring and keep their account current
- Ensure the information we depend on to contact and collect from these consumers is accurately maintained
- Support additional consumer service requests
Outcomes & Activities:
- Handle Phone Calls: You will spend a vast majority of your time signed on to our dialer to handle consumer phone calls
- Collect Money: You will use our call model to handle each call in a manner that persuades consumers to pay
- Provide Support: You will support consumer requests, including processing one-time and recurring phone payments
- Update Contact Information: While speaking with consumers you will work to identify additional contact information
- Receive and Act Upon Feedback: You will need to be open to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance
Knowledge & Skills:
- Assertive, personable and persuasive with our consumers
- Comfortable negotiating, discussing sensitive financial issues, and selling solutions to consumers
- Remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused when faced with challenging situations
- Overcome objections to pay and develop creative solutions to help bring consumers current
- Quick thinker, with an ability to understand and interpret information promptly and effectively
- Self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Receptive to ongoing feedback aimed at improving the performance of you and your team
- Ability to speak clearly, professionally and articulately on the telephone
- Ability to talk and type at the same time (talking with consumers while documenting relevant notes)
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks, sit and talk on the phone with a headset for the vast majority of the day
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule
- Ability to operate office equipment (copy machines, fax, telephone, keyboard)
- Ability to document account notes clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish
- High speed internet connection with a minimum of 15mbps download speed
- Previous customer service and/or collection experience in a call center environment
- Experience in the finance or automotive industry
- Experience in any position where you had to demonstrate excellent persuasive skills