The Bartender is responsible for providing beverage service in accordance with the Company standards while also incorporating excellent sales techniques to generate revenue for the Bar Department. Responsible for the immediate supervision of the Bar Waiters and other personnel assigned to their particular bar area.
- Maintains inventory levels, cleanliness and organization for assigned bar.
- Must be able to work in a public bar and lounge, service bar and crew bar.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental guest satisfaction targets for the bar department. These targets include Bar and Lounge Service and Bar and Lounge Drink Quality.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental revenue targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
- Responsible for assisting with achieving the department cost of sales targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
- Ensures that back bar set up and beverage displays in assigned area are according to Company guidelines.
- Ensures that the Company policy regarding drink age is always followed.
- Responsible for preparing drinks according to the standard recipes.
- Ensures that work area is kept neat, clean and organized at all times and all pertinent USPH regulations, SEMS regulations, CPH regulations and UPKH regulations are upheld in assigned bar area.
- Responsible for properly accounting for food and/or beverage sales in the POS terminal.
- Conducts inventory at the end of each voyage for assigned bar area. Responsible for overages and shortages of product.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year of experience as a Bartender for a large cruise ship or high-volume luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Minimum one year of experience working in a high-volume bar operation is required.
- Minimum one year of experience with maintaining bar inventories is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of point of sales systems is required.
- Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Completion of an accredited Bartender Certification Program from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC). In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
As the innovator in global cruise travel, Norwegian Cruise Line has been breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising for over 52 years. Most notably, the cruise line revolutionized the industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal vacation on their preferred schedule with no assigned dining and entertainment times and no formal dress codes. Today, its fleet of 17 contemporary ships sail to nearly 300 of some of the worlds most desirable destinations, including Great Stirrup Cay, the companys private island in the Bahamas and its resort destination Harvest Caye in Belize. Norwegian Cruise Line not only provides superior guest service from land to sea, but also offers a wide variety of award-winning entertainment and dining options as well as a range of accommodations across the fleet, including solo-traveler staterooms, mini-suites, spa-suites and The Haven by Norwegian, the companys ship-within-a-ship concept.
Oceania Cruises is the worlds leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The lines six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe. Expertly crafted voyages aboard designer-inspired, intimate ships call on more than 450 ports across Europe, Alaska, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, New England-Canada, Bermuda, the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Tahiti and the South Pacific and epic Around The World Voyages that range from 180 to 200 days. Oceania Cruises has recently announced an order for two new ships, scheduled for delivery in 2022 and 2025. The two 67,000 gross ton Allura-Class ships will each accommodate approximately 1,200 guests.
REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises modern five-ship fleet Seven Seas Explorer, Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Navigator, Seven Seas Splendor and Seven Seas Voyager sails to more than 450 iconic and immersive destinations around the world and reflects $150 million in stunning refurbishments over the past three years. Regent will add a sixth new ship to its fleet in 2023. As the leading luxury ocean cruise line, every luxury is included in Regent voyages, such as all-suite accommodations, round-trip business-class air on intercontinental flights from U.S. and Canada, the largest collection of free unlimited shore excursions, entertainment, unlimited internet access, highly personalized service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, gratuities, ground transfers and one-night, pre-cruise hotel packages for guests staying in Concierge-level suites and higher.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.