The Associate Technical Designer for Softlines / Sleepwear and Ready to Wear for Boys reports to the Tech Designer or Sr. Tech Designer in the Softlines department. In this role, the chosen candidate will have understanding of managing category/department(s) for apparel, and will develop/create full production tech packs for Softlines global styles to send to factory for costing and sample submission.
- Support overall Tech Department processes and procedures.
- Analyze garment construction and adjust as needed based upon factory, fabric, and cost factors. Ensure consistency of construction details within the department.
- Analyze pattern and marker layout, adjusting if possible to maximize yield with support and as needed.
- Maintain Brand consistency in fit/make/quality.
- Work with supervisor to periodically review established departmental standards and guidelines for fit and construction against the market. Confirm correctness of sketch with technical requirements of style.
- Sketch flat sketches and correcting sketches using Adobe Illustrator (CAD).
- Evaluate all samples received prior to fitting against instructions given and adjust as required for production.
- Write and communicate effective fit comments/corrections to maintain established turn times for sample comments and resubmits.
- Facilitate fit sessions with live model, mannequins, and/or VTC-virtual teleconference; give priority attention to fit, construction and with written fit comments (see Tech department process for details).
- Mindful of company calendar and overlapping timeline/delivery.
- Partner and guide overseas agents and factories to deliver quality products of managing department/s.
- Partner with internal and external teams to maintain Brand consistency of managing department/s.
- Monitor guests' feedback and callouts online of managing department/s.
- Manage and meet deadlinesdaily, weekly, seasonally, quarterly, and annually.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3-5 years experience in softlines technical design
- General understanding of technical skills in manufacturing and production process from development to pre-production.
- Understanding of garment assembly/construction and pattern drafting/draping of managing department/s.
- Understanding of garment making from 1st sample to pre-production to final production step-by-step.
- Fundamental understanding of grade rules and grade application of managing department/s.
- Fundamental understanding of fabrication usage and trim treatment of managing department/s.
- Abilities to draft and knockoff patterns to approvable stage with support.
- Abilities to analyze proper sizing/grading for managing department with support.
- Design/style/silhouette function comprehension.
- Textile weaving/knitting and trim understanding.
- Basic knowledge of Child Safety Regulations and Testing Standards.
- Computer/technology literate MS Office, Illustrator, clothing pattern software, 3D fitting software.
- Knowledge of patternmaking, draping, fit correction and grading. Knowledge of fabric/trim yield calculation & costing.
- Knowledge of quality garment construction and production friendly construction. Knowledge of production cutting/sewing/machinery.
Required Education :
- 2 year degree in related field
Additional Information :
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits