Florida - FCC (JAX) - Jacksonville, FL
Instructors & Education
Florida Career College is a leader in post-secondary career education. Working at our employee-owned company is more than just a great career - it's an investment in yourself. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking an Associate Director of Education to join our team at our Jacksonville Campus. The Associate Director of Education is responsible for supporting the Director of Education in managing and leading the campus Education Team by overseeing the delivery of quality educational programs and the development and implementation of effective strategies to meet campus student retention, completion, and licensure goals.
Essential day-to-day job responsibilities include:
- Complying with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, accreditor standards, and institutional policies and procedures;
- Supervising, Monitoring and implementing Instructor File Management
- Ensuring all new instructor onboarding paperwork is completed and electronically filed in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and maintaining active instructor quarterly file requirements to ensure there are zero past due instructor documents.
- Assisting with daily instructor check outs as needed to ensure all grades and attendance is posted.
- Assisting the Director of Education with instructor recruitment, and new instructor training.
- Conducting classroom observations on an on-going basis and formal observations quarterly.
- Monitoring campus level metrics related to completion/graduation rates, Re-Entries, Waivers and DIFs to meet the campus and organizational objective;
- Preparing, monitoring and updating classroom utilization to create effective class schedules and optimize class size for achieving an effective student learning experience;
- Monitoring, managing the student LOA/ITR process.
- Scheduling, facilitating and executing daily Save Our Student meetings with key education and career services personnel to achieve student retention objectives and externship retention management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Associate Director of Education's performance is measured by the campus meeting its student retention, graduation/completion, and licensure rate.
Essential Experience, Education and Skillset
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year education management and administration experience.
- Minimum 3 year of instruction experience.
- Successful track record of effective teaching, curriculum development, and education administration.
- Above average user skills in computer and information technology (e.g. student database, social media, online educational resources).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and lead a team.