Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where healthcare has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Content Marketing and Social Media oversees all marketing content and social media initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, social media, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with the departments of creative, marketing, communications, brand and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Ultimately, the job of the Director of Content Marketing and Social Media will be to connect content, social media, and digital platforms to create a robust content marketing/digital marketing engine, furthering customer engagement. Key elements of the role include:
- Content marketing strategy and execution, and content engine/ecosystem development.
- Blog creation and maintenance, and blog ecosystem architecture.
- Social Media strategy and execution.
- Digital marketing strategy and tactical expertise, including, SEM, SEO, digital content production, paid search, email marketing, online reputation (local SEO & listing management).
- Social ad buying experience.
- Familiarity with marketing/promoting mobile applications, including patient portals and consumer facing applications.
- Ability to triangulate content marketing, social media, and digital web platforms into a robust owned-content ecosystem and channel.
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and other areas of content personalization.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content.
- The development of a functional content calendar.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists, social media specialists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, style and industry best practices.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
The Director of Content Marketing and Social Media is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics
- Website, blog, and social media traffic growth
- Social media positive sentiment metrics
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field
- 5-7 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation, strategy and execution
- 5-7 years of experience within the healthcare field creating compelling messages for different target demographics. Healthcare experience a must
- 5-7 years of experience in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- 5-7 years demonstrating a marketing and publishing mindset, thinking “customer first” — being the corporate storyteller
- 5-7 years of experience in both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) digital content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- 5-7 Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- 5-7 years of experience in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, Sprinklr, Birdeye, Yext, etc.)
- MBA in marketing
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach
- Incredible people skills
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director, Healthcare marketing, Healthcare communications, UHG, Optum, Content Marketing, Social Media, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, #RPO