We Are Hiring:
At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. Work is more than a place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, cultivates talent and supports a positive culture for our associates.
Ascension St. Vincent Southside Hospital is looking for an Assistant Medical Lab Phlebotomist to join our team!
- Sunday - Wednesday Hours: 9 PM- 7 AM
What You Will Do:
Collect and process blood specimens for testing and performs multiple clerical and processing functions.
- May draw and collect blood samples according to policy.
- Receive, centrifuge, accession, process, and transport specimens.
- Verifie all related records.
- Work pending lists, order add-on tests, and resolve duplicate orders.
- Set up instruments.
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Perform clerical duties which may include answering phones, reviewing EKGs, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
- Tech credentialed from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians preferred. All issuing authorities accepted.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's in Jacksonville, Florida, has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent's is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando; and is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care to all, especially to those most in need. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ministry Name is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.