At Five Below our growth is a result of the people who embrace our purpose: We know life is way better when you are free to Let Go & Have Fun in an amazing experience, filled with unlimited possibilities, priced so low, you can always say yes to the newest, coolest stuff! Just ask any of our over 17,000 associates who work at Five Below and they'll tell you there's no other place like it. It all starts with our purpose and then, The Five Below Way, which is our values and behaviors that each and every associate believes in.
It's all about culture at Five Below, making this a place that can inspire you as much as you inspire us with big ideas, super energy, passion, and the ability to make the workplace a WOWplace!
What does the Customer Experience Manager do?
Under the leadership of the Store Manager, directly leads the Support Lead, Lead Cashier(s) (if applicable) and associates of the store while the Manager on Duty. The Customer Experience Manager (CEM) is responsible to "Wow the Customer", front end operations, cash management, cleanliness, safety and driving sales.
How do they do it?
As a Five Below leader, your first priority is to contribute to the success of your store. This means that you not only deliver in your role as the Customer Experience Manager, but you also model leadership behaviors and deliver as a manager on duty. As the Manager on Duty, you deliver results during your assigned time, drive key performance indicators and brand loyalty by leading through your team. The Customer Experience Manager is part of the management team that sets the tone by embracing and living the Five Below Value! These values translate into creating the coolest brand on the plant, where talented people want to grow their careers...and here is how!
Wow the Customer: Put the customer first and make a difference in people's lives
Unleash Passion: Check your ego at the door and do what you say you will do
Hold the Penny Hostage: Treat Five Below like your own business and hire talent that will do the same
Achieve the Impossible: Set the bar high for self and team and make sure to take risks
Work Hard, Have Fun, Build a Career: Come to work ready to take on the day, create a fun atmosphere and recognize the team for all the efforts
- Emerging Skill - Planning/Time Management
- Ownership Commitment
- Accountability/Delegation/Follow up
- Sales Driver/Goal Oriented
- Ensures all associates and managers are Wowing the Customer through personal contact with customers
- Responsible for achieving CSAT score goals provided by the District Manager
- Responsible for leading Front End Operations
- Training the staff on the High Fives of Customer Service
- Ensures that each guest has a fast, friendly, checkout
- Responsible for maintaining the store cleanliness, recovery, and ready for customers at all times
- Responsible for opening and closing store procedures
- Responsible for performing SM duties in their absence
- Assists in supervising all Associates
- Assists in training all Associates
- Assists in coaching all Associates
- Assists in developing all Associates
- Assists in staff scheduling
- Reviews all corporate communications and reacts accordingly
- Partners with supervisors or corporate office regarding store issues
- Drives store sales and controls expenses
- Uses financial reporting to drive business opportunities
- Assists payroll process and ensures budget is in line with plan
- Assists in merchandising procedures
- Adheres to and holds associates accountable to all Five Below's Standard Operating Procedures(SOP)
- Responsible for cash handling procedures including but not limited to preparing and dropping bank deposits
- Authorizes register functions including post voids, returns and discounts
- Complies with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Assists in receiving and stocking procedures
- Unloads merchandise from trucks
- Checks in shipments
- Stages merchandise for the sales floor
- Packs out merchandise
- Responsible for ensuring Candy, Crafts, and Sports Worlds are set and maintained to Brand Standards
- Accountable for driving Key Metrics: Sales, ADS, CSAT Scores, and Expense Control
- Performs store maintenance including but not limited to taking out garbage, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining stock room
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the Store Manager, as dictated by store needs.
- Frequently operate cash register
- Frequently move merchandise weighing up to 25 lbs and places/removes merchandise up to a height of 5-10 feet
- Frequently ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and put away stock
- Frequently position self to kneel, bend, twist, and stoop, including in the stock room and on the sales floor
- Frequently communicate and exchange information with customers on the telephone and face-to-face in the store, as well as with managers and coworkers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Frequently move across the sales floor assisting customers, as well as to and from the stock room retrieving and putting away merchandise
- Must be able to identify and discern email and print instructions regarding merchandise layouts, associate schedules, and standard operating procedures
- Must be able to remain in a stationary, upright position for 80% of the time
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- College experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Creative thinking
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.