As Assistant- Field Services, you will be responsible for coordination of the Field Services support functions. This involves working closely with Field Services Managers to insure all administrative activity is current and accurate, develop and maintain field equipment inventory and databases, coordinate all orders, maintain purchase orders and distribute equipment tracking reports, perform Plant Record and Trouble/Repair/Dispatch systems tasks, provide support to Field Services teams, and also support project management duties and distribute status of projects to team on a regular basis.
This position has direct, face-to-face contact with our customers and is expected to be proactive with the sales of TDS services and products. Services include, but are not limited to, Telephony, Video/CATV/DBS, Internet, and/or high speed networks. This position exceeds customer expectations by performing extraordinary customer service, identifying customer needs, and providing them with communications solutions. This position also understands how to use and demonstrate TDS products and seeks sales opportunities while educating the customer. Products & services include (but are not limited to): Local Service, Central Office Services, Structured Cabling, MAC (Moves, Adds and Changes), Voice Mail, Audio and/or Video Conferencing and Non-regulated CPE.
This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus! (Payout terms apply)
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS®) delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to nearly 1,000 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the U.S. With 1.2 million connections, TDS is a rapidly growing technology company. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 1 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.
* Performs Inventory & Supplies duties such as repair & returns, orders & processes orders for regulated & deregulated items, tracks regulated & deregulated inventory, maintains appropriate inventory levels utilizing the mailbox and web tools (e.g., Inventory Use & Transfer Application, etc.), Plant Record Systems, SAP and other TDS applications as appropriate. Inventory responsibilities include: warehouse, vehicles, in process orders, repairs & delinquent shipments which includes the physical loading and unloading of all shipments. Establishes and maintains a tracking database, tracks delinquent shipments, tracks TDS projects, and maintains an accurate log of all purchase orders specific to Field Services. This includes working directly with Finance to maintain accurate and appropriate inventory levels.
* Performs Plant Record Systems tasks such as distributes field tasks to appropriate collocates and co-folders, prepares initial Site Survey checklists and sends to dispatch folder. Follows up on installs and retrievals from assigned field tasks. Monitors FSA (Field Services Assistant) order queue and creates projects. Follows up on reports from SAP for open and closed projects.
* Performs Trouble/Repair/Dispatch Systems tasks which includes act as Queue Administrator, runs weekly/monthly performance reports, sets tickets in progress, provides trouble/repair/dispatch ticket and service order information to Field Services Technicians (FSTs) and assigns duties to workforce based on manpower & customer demands.
* Provides single point of contact for Vendors, Procurement and Finance groups & orders equipment using SAP and other methods.
* Supports Field Services teams with miscellaneous duties such as scheduling meetings for team and with vendors, sending all approved invoices to Accounts Payable, scheduling of technicians for coverage areas and cuts, maintenance of dispatch folder, assigning and maintaining logs for test equipment and tools, ordering and canceling access keys, returning equipment, maintaining repair and vehicle logs, updating contact list and all other associated coordinated activities. Additional duties include documenting and tracking all manual bills in assigned territory as well as maintaining records/tracking system including purchase orders, inventory control, vehicle tracking; maintaining office supplies & shipping out items to be repaired; maintaining vacation schedule and FST calendar in assigned territory.
* 2 + years administrative support with internal and external customer experience OR current military service, or prior military service with honorable discharge.
* Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines in order to meet TDS's business needs including but not limited to our obligations to our customers and to our customers' needs.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
* Associate degree or higher a plus
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and take on increasing responsibilities as they evolve over time
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products; preferably to include Access Database
* Understanding of telecommunications industry
* Understanding of telecommunication products and services
* Ability to adapt to rapid changes
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, listening)
* Problem solving skills (e.g., customer complaints, troubleshooting)
* Multi-task management skills
* PC computer skills
* Time management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with customers. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!