As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will partner with an experienced Havertys Manager while being groomed for promotion to Branch Manager, and the leadership of your own Havertys Furniture Store. As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will deliver world-class service to our customers while creating a professional experience for Team Members by removing obstacles, providing support, and ensuring that teams feel empowered. You will sharpen your management leadership skills and experience by selling, coaching, training, merchandising, controlling inventory, and overseeing operations while advancing your career with one of the most respected names in retail, Havertys Furniture, Inc.
We are interested in Retail Managers who aspire to the goal of Store Management and are willing to work in any of the Havertys locations in the(UPDATE TO YOUR PROFIT CENTER). Additional consideration will be given to those willing to relocate to other locations within Havertys.
This is your opportunity to:
- Inspire your team members to bring the vision of our customer's homes to life by Furnishing Happiness.
- Delight our customers by offering personalized design, quality home furnishings, and an outstanding customer experience all while demonstrating a commitment to your team members.
- Represent the Havertys brand through polished communication, personal appearance, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate our Values, Customer Focus, Integrity, Quality, Teamwork, while embracing our History and Heritage.
- Boldly coach, lead and develop teams to promote a positive and dynamic store environment.
- Display your passion for interior design by promoting our complimentary design service.
- Attract, train, and develop top talent at all levels of our ever-changing business.
- Support our Leadership team with new initiatives and training.
- Deliver top results with a positive attitude no matter what the obstacle.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to complex priorities and produce detailed operationally sound results.
- Lead by example and ensure Havertys Associates feel supported and inspired.
- Retail sales management experience
- A love for sales, creating happiness with customers and building lasting relationships
- Furniture and interior design experience are a major plus
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to motivate, influence and inspire yourself and others
- Computer literacy
- Enjoyment of details and operational excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity, honesty, and leadership
- Attractive base pay with bonus potential, Assistant Managers can earn up to $55K( UPDATE TO YOUR PROFIT CENTER) plus incentives!
- A flexible health plan offering medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as a choice of providers
- 401(k) dollar for dollar company match up to 4%
Our Physical Requirements:
- Ability to occasionally lift and move furniture items using team lifting and/or using available tools for furniture floor relocation. Some items weigh 150+ pounds.
- Ability to maneuver effectively around gallery floor, stock room and office
- Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and bending
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his/her supervisor.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
The safety of our customers, communities and team members is our priority, so we are implementing continuous enhanced cleaning and safety protocols based on guidelines provided by the CDC and U.S. government.
Havertys provides masks and protective equipment to all employees and works to maintain social distancing practices in the workplace to ensure safety amongst our team members and Customers.
Nearest Major Market: Jacksonville
Job Segment: Branch Manager, Merchandising, Manager, Management, Retail