The Area Food Beverage Director will administer, direct, manage and control the total operations of the food and beverage division in their home hotel, also to include, but not limited to, providing regional support in front and back of the house, to a larger geographic area of hotels, partnering with the Executive Committee team to lead the 5 Drivers to success.
This leader will be responsible for achieving the 5 drivers at their home hotel as well as provide support to their area hotels through:
- Responsible for the associate lifecycle at home hotel and support to the others; to include recruiting, training, onboarding, coaching and succession in both front and back of the food and beverage department.
- Establish leadership at each hotel to ensure the staff is adequately trained, and operations are running to fullest capacity
- Work with EC teams at each hotel to ensure seamless and transparent information flow for each hotel
- Act in concert with hotel management team and property General Manager, including in monthly meetings, property MOD programs, weekly staff meetings, monthly inventories and Executive Committee meetings.
- Support the company culture "Passionate People Thrive"
- Set appropriate par levels for each hotel to ensure efficient use of all inventory
- Oversee the Hotel Effectiveness system for each hotel to ensure all f and b staffing is being utilized to the maximum effectiveness.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, maintaining positive guest relations at all times. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction in each interaction. Coordinate special programs, functions and incentives to improve guest service.
- Establish, direct and review performance standards in food preparation, purchasing and production to ensure effective, controlled and coordinated efforts are achieved.
- Ensure safe food handling protocols are followed at all times.
- Monitor, direct and coordinate effective sanitation, cleanliness and organization efforts in food and beverage areas.
- Establish, direct and review liquor procedures to ensure adequate security and accountability.
- Ensure compliance aspects of all Food and Beverage outlets
- Creation of menus, specials and promotions, as well as maintenance or decrease in food cost and awareness and adherence to staffing levels throughout the food and beverage areas of the hotel.
- Work in conjunction with Food and Beverage VP on menus and promotions to maximize guest satisfaction
- Support new opening transitions in the region to maximize revenue and growth
- Task force as needed to support a hotel in need
One Ocean Boulevard, Atlantic Beach, Florida 32233
Situated on the sweeping white sands and sparkling waves of the Atlantic Ocean, One Ocean Resort is a refuge for relaxation. We beckon guests with luxurious amenities and lavish suites featuring views of the rolling surf that is the signature of the Atlantic Ocean. Upon your arrival, a personal concierge greets you by name and escorts you down ornately lit halls to your room.
One Ocean Resort Spa is a AAA four-diamond, Forbes Travel Guide four-star property designed with you in mind. Creating options for children and families, our resort takes the planning and guessing out of the everyday. Drop the kids off with our on-site nanny for a romantic day with your spouse. Make your way to the Spa at One Ocean and choose from more than 40 marine-inspired rituals and specialty treatments, like unique massage styles, body wraps, peels, and facials. End your day with a fabulous date at Azurea, our signature restaurant featuring seasonal coastal cuisine.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior 5 years experience in Food and Beverage Senior Leadership role, with proven record of success
- Proven success in both front and back of the house leadership roles
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations as it relates to food and liquor, ensuring food and beverage staff have all been trained in responsible alcohol service at home hotel and cluster hotels
- Strong business communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- High work ethic and self-initiative
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Some travel required
- Regular attendance according to established guidelines
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Focus and maintain attention to tasks, and complete work assignments on time despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff and maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
- Ability to participate in, and at times lead departmental and/or hotel team meetings